Covid-19 Secure Policy
We look forward to welcoming you back to Krosbie & Co.
On re-opening we will be operating on an appointment only basis. You will notice some changes at your next appointment. Here are the Health and Safety measures we are taking to keep clients and staff as safe as possible.
- Before we re-open we will be preparing the salon to ensure all health and safety measures are in place in accordance with the government guidelines.
- We have carried out a Health & Safety Risk Assessment to ensure that:We have cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures in line with government guidelines. We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home or have provided flexibility to support each person’s lifestyle circumstances (eg. Avoiding public transport and the early morning rush). We have done everything practical and responsible to manage transmission risk. All of the PPE we have put in place is to ensure we uphold our health and safety status.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to keep to a 1m+ distance in the workplace whilst also adhering to the correct PPE.
- We have provided Hand Sanitiser stations throughout the salon and there is a sanitisation area as you enter the salon. Please ensure that you wash or sanitise your hands before entering the salon.
- Clients are expected to wear a face-covering immediately before entering the salon and must keep it on until they leave. We kindly ask that you bring your own mask with you. When making your appointment you will be informed of this.
- On arrival at the salon please scan the NHS Test & Trace QR code on display in the salon.
- Visors will be worn by our whole team in accordance with the government guidelines. Visors will be sanitised in between every client.
- All of the team in direct contact with clients will wear appropriate PPE. This will be changed in between every client.
- We are allowing extra time for each appointment to ensure that we can sanitise our hairdressing tools and workstations before beginning the next client.
- Clients that are having a cut and blow-dry or colour service will be supplied with PPE that includes a hand sanitiser, a disposable towel, and a disposable gown.
- Clients having a wash and blow-dry service only will be provided with a hand sanitiser and a disposable towel.
- We have installed a Perspex shield at the front of house reception desk. We prefer card payment where possible. We are unable to change any monies for any purposes.
- If you would like to leave a tip for the services you receive, please can we kindly ask that you put the money in the individuals’ personal tip box and that no cash is passed through the hands of yourself and others.
- Regular touch points in the salon such as door handles, the credit card machine, each salon chair and workstation will be thoroughly cleaned down and sanitised after every single client.
- Refreshments will not be served. However, if you would like to bring your own coffee/water then please feel free to do so but please dispose of your cups/bottles yourself upon leaving the salon. Water will be available on request in disposable cups.
- Magazines will not be available.
- The toilet will be open for clients and we will provide liquid handwash, sanitiser and disposable towels for clients to use.
- We will be ensuring that the toilet is cleaned after every use as well as having a regular rota adhered to and signed to confirm the cleaning inspection has taken place.
- Signage will be placed in our windows notifying clients not to enter until the front of house entrance is completely clear or until requested and informing clients of our Covid-19 Secure policy.
- We advise clients who are shielding not to make appointments or attend the salon until Government health advice changes.
- We have staggered our appointment times to avoid more than one client arriving at any one time.
- We will ask you health-related questions when you book or arrive for your appointment.
- Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell?
- If you have any of these Covid-19 symptoms, however mild, you should stay at home and we will reschedule your appointment.
- Please ensure you allow plenty of time to arrive for your appointment as we are allowing time in between every client to clean down and sanitise our styling tools and work stations and we may not be able to accommodate you if you are late.
- Please can you wait outside of the salon. Our front of house team will call you to enter the salon as soon as your stylist or colourist is ready to see you.
- Please arrive at the salon alone and bring as little with you as possible.
- If you are being accompanied by your child then you are responsible for supervising them at all times and ensuring that they follow social distancing guidelines.
- Pre-booking your appointment(s) is more essential now than ever before and we suggest you book your next appointment before you leave the salon.
- Please leave as soon as your appointment is over to make room for the next clients.
- The salon will be given an enhanced clean at the end of every working day.
- We sanitise our hairdressing tools and workstations between each client and at the end of the day.
- We have ensured that there is adequate ventilation throughout the salon
These are challenging times for us all and we all thank you for your ongoing loyalty and support. We value every single client and are so relieved and excited to welcome you back to our salon.